Alucinara is a form of energy created by the First Judge that allows the First Laws of Nature to act in place of the Second Laws. It creates a variety of effects, known as enchantments, charms, or curses, and is instrumental in the existence of the Soul.
It can be absorbed by by Alucinarium to store it, by water to nullify its effect, and by hydrocarbons to create the Soul1.
Alucinara itself is accompanied by the creation of short-lived orange orbs and sparks nearby. Although it is colourless itself, it often appears as a purple aura - this is due to the purple-shifting of light that passes through its energy fields.
Alucinarium, the mineral in which the energy is stored, appears semi-translucent, dark purple, and shines orange, easily cleaving off into dust. Due to the Alucinara that is stored and emitted from the mineral, it is often accompanied by the orbs, sparks, and purple aura.
Alucinara causes effects such as;
- Levitation of objects or living beings, where the effects of gravity will be altered in direction or intensity.
- essential shift, where an object or living being will be transported into another realm. This is often accomplished by the presence of an Alucinara Gateway.
- Emission of light, where an object will emit glowing sparks or orbs which dim over time;
- The Pseudo Fauna Principle, where inanimate objects will act like living animals;
- The Soul, where Alucinara will interact with hydrocarbons in pitch or amino acids to create consciousness;
- Phantasmarrhoea, where a living animal will undergo the growth of alucinarium crystals on the skin and organs, hallucinations, delusion, psychosis, and involuntary essential shift.
- and Symbols, designs traced into alucinara-rich objects to interface with higher-order beings.
# Influence on Biology
Alucinara’s effect on biology is characterised by growth of unhealthy crystals on the body, extension of an organisms lifetime, and utilisation of the unnatural properties of the energy.
Utilisation of Alucinara has been convergently evolved numerous times in the history of biology, with its basis in the development of the ‘Fortuitary Gland’ - a gland dedicated to the regulation of alucinarium purity and content in the blood. It often aids the capability of Alucinara use;
- In sapient species, Alucinara use has similarities to tool use, such as using Alucinara to ignite fires, light areas, and manipulate objects.
- In less sapient species such as plants, fungus, and most animals (and to a lesser extent, sapient species), Alucinara use is expressed as a biological process. For example, it can be employed in involuntary defence mechanisms, such as bursts of light, to stun predators, or creation of force fields, to push them away.%%